First step to prepare beets in any style is to separate the beet leaves and bottom beet roots and wash.
- Boil Beets in pot with water and cover. (Boil small beets for 15 minutes and large for about 30 minutes.)
- Test for tenderness with fork (like you would do for a potato)
- Allow the beets to cool.
- Peel the skin off of the beet and slice.
- Sauté the beet with butter or olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cider Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Boil Beets in pot with water and cover. (Boil small beets for 15 minutes, and large for about 30 minutes.)
- Make dressing of equal part sugar to equal part cider vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the beets with dressing.
- Chill and serve.
Optional: Add sliced red pepper
- Prick beet with a fork (like you would do for a baked potato).
- Wrap each beet in foil.
- Bake in oven at 350º for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove beets from oven and unwrap from foil.
- Slice beets and toss with butter, salt and pepper.