- Two bunches of carrots (8 to 10), washed, peeled and tops removed
- One large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- Add onion and olive oil to a large pot. Bring to a sweat.
- Add carrots and toss for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth just to cover veggies.
- Bring to a boil and then a simmer for about 15 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool a little and then puree in blender.
- When ready to serve, warm up
Other optional ingredients to add: tarragon, fresh chopped dill, a dollop of sour cream or a butter patty on top and let melt in.