- 1 large cauliflower cut into pieces
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil
- ¼ onions, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or veggie broth
- ½ cup to 1 cup of half-and-half or low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Shredded cheese, your choice
- Cover cauliflower with some of the broth and simmer about 8 minutes until tender.
- Take off heat, let cool a little bit.
- Puree in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- In another sauce pan, heat butter or olive oil and sauté onion and celery.
- Add to cauliflower mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add broth to thickness you like, including half and half (or milk).
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and enjoy!